Trust Builder is an app that is designed to allow you to report your good behavior to somebody else, in such a way that they can be confident you haven't monkeyed around with it. It has the following features:
- It records its own operation, including when it's working and when you've turned it off
- It records photos of its surroundings when it's in the foreground
- It records audio snippets of its surroundings when it's in the foreground
- It records your location, even when it's in the background
- The photos and audio are stored on your device for the other person to check out
- It sends an email report to the other person with a summary of your actions, including a map of your locations and thumbnails of the images collected
- All these features are locked with a secret code that the other person puts into Trust Builder, so only they can access the collected data on your phone.
- This is not a spying app; You must choose to run it in order to show the other person that you are making good choices.
I went through an incident of infidelity in 2014, and in the aftermath, I wanted to show my partner that I was behaving appropriately, that I was working to be worthy of her trust. I hunted for an app to help with this, but couldn't find one. As a result, I chose to write this app to help others in a similar situation.
I am a cybersecurity student, amateur software developer, and dad.